Class of ’23 Commencement Ceremony Events Underway

Class of 2023 students prepare for their graduation and commencement ceremony with a week of activities and traditions dating back to the Academy’s founding year. Some of the week’s activities include swimming across Loch Lake, a class day picnic at the Amphitheater, a school-wide midnight presentation of capstone projects and theses beginning at midnight, and a final residence hall intramural game of halosis between the graduating class. Monday evening kicked off the class of ’23 commencement events, as students took part in the traditional black-tie reception at the President’s house following the awards ceremony honoring outstanding academic achievements and letter-winners. Students are looking forward to the formal graduation ceremony and bruncheon Sunday morning as friends and families gather to celebrate their magical accomplishments.

Bigglebottom is proud to have a graduating rate of 96% for the class of 2023. All but one student from this 40-person class will be walking the stage at the Amphitheater. Jeremiah Stevans will still be informally honored despite his disappearance upon embarking on his independent research study in the mountains in early February. When asked about post-graduation plans, 90% of students reported either securing jobs or places in graduate research programs. The remaining 10% are undecided in their career pathways and are opting for a gap year in their magical education.

Bigglebottom looks forward to celebrating these students and their achievements this Sunday May 21st for commencement.

girl walking on campus